World’s first chocolate haggis launches for Burns Night*
Scottish butcher, Simon Howie unveils a chocolate version of the classic Burns dish with homage to Cadbury’s ‘Gorilla’
Ahead of Burns Night (25 January 2024), Scottish butcher, Simon Howie has unveiled *the world’s first-ever readily available chocolate haggis, and is putting its own Scottish twist on the famous Cadbury’s ‘Gorilla’, one of the world’s most famous chocolate ads, to mark the launch.
The limited-edition chocolate haggis, which lands in stores across Scotland from 3 January and is on sale until Burns Night, is an all sweet treat and the butcher’s first-ever dessert product. To celebrate the milestone, Simon Howie has brought the chocolate haggis to life in a remake of Cadbury’s famous ‘Gorilla’ advert from 2007, which you can view here .
Speaking about the chocolate haggis, Simon Howie said: “As the UK’s number one haggis brand, we wanted to bring the theatre of Burns Night to dessert for the very first time – allowing you to slice open a steaming hot haggis that’s actually a chocolate brownie and white choc chip pudding! We know our customers love to kick off Burns Night celebrations with our Haggis Bon Bons and then enjoy our award-winning haggis for the main event, and now they can elevate the evening even more with our brand new chocolate haggis pudding! It’s perfect for enjoying as a family.”
Clair Howison, Brand Director at Simon Howie said “When I think chocolate I think of the Cadbury’s Gorilla. So when it came to telling the world about Chocolate haggis, a homage to this iconic advert, that has long been hailed as one of the world’s most memorable adverts, made perfect sense. Our version of the advert sees the patriotic build of Loch Lomond meet the surreal drum expertise of a life size haggis and we are sure it will surprise and delight – just like Chocolate Haggis itself!”
Made with a blend of dark chocolate and white choc chips, Simon Howie’s chocolate haggis is a chocolate brownie pudding, suitable for vegetarians and is made to be served as a hot dessert, with ice cream or cream.
Simon Howie will make over 1.3 million haggis to be sold during January in the run up to Burns Night 2024. The Great Taste award-winning Original Haggis 454g is the UK’s best-selling haggis, out selling the nearest competitor product nearly 3:1 during January**. The brand also boasts the UK’s best-selling Vegetarian haggis and the best-selling larger Chieftain haggis. The new chocolate haggis will be available for customers to purchase in Tesco, Morrisons, Asda and Sainsbury’s across Scotland and is due to RRP at £5.00
For more information on Simon Howie’s range of products for Burns Night, visit thescottishbutcher.com.
** Source: IRI, GB Total Coverage – 4 Weeks – WE 29th Jan 2023
View the original Cadbury Gorilla advert ON YOUTUBE
About Simon Howie
• Simon Howie haggis is the UK’s best-selling haggis brand. Simon Howie Original 454g haggis is the UK’s best-selling haggis, while they also boast the UK’s number one selling gluten free haggis, vegetarian haggis and family-sized haggis. Source: IRI, GB Total Coverage – 52 Weeks – WE 20th Feb 2023
• From award-winning bacon to Scotland’s best-selling black pudding and the UK’s best-selling haggis Simon Howie’s quality ingredients are trusted and relied upon by their ever-growing customer base to create mouth-watering everyday meals.
• A family business, Simon Howie was born and bred in Dunning, where the factory is based and where he still lives today. From a local butcher in the village aged just 19, the business has grown from strength to strength and was recently voted Scotland’s favourite butcher.
• Simon Howie retail lines are stocked in all the major supermarkets across Scotland and nationwide, and Simon Howie also run two award winning butcher shops in Auchterarder and Perth.
• Simon Howie previously sent a haggis to space. More information can be viewed here
Issued on behalf of Simon Howie by Frame. For more information, please get in touch:
Alison Downs, email@example.com, 07917678061.
Brooke Stirling, firstname.lastname@example.org, 07578139237