Tuesday 23 January 2024
Deep fried Chocolate Haggis “supper” on the menu for Burns Night at Edinburgh fish and chip shop
Simon Howie and Bertie’s team up to give away 100 FREE haggis suppers with a twist
This Burns Night (25 January 2024), Simon Howie has teamed up with Bertie’s Proper Fish & Chips, Edinburgh to give away free deep-fried chocolate haggis “suppers” to the first 100 people to visit the takeaway restaurant in the Grassmarket and quote “it’s banging”.
Made with Simon Howie’s limited-edition chocolate haggis, which launched earlier this month for Burns Night, Bertie’s chocolate haggis “supper” puts a unique twist on a Scottish chippy favourite and is served with ice cream and caramel sauce.
In honour of Burns, Bertie’s and Simon Howie are giving away free deep-fried chocolate haggis “suppers” to the first 100 customers through the door on Thursday 25 January between 12pm and 9pm, giving locals and tourists in Edinburgh the chance to enjoy this limited-edition delicacy while it lasts.
Speaking about the partnership with Bertie’s, Simon Howie said: “Our customers have been loving the world’s first chocolate haggis and it’s been flying off supermarket shelves since we launched at the start of January. Deep fried chocolate bars have been divisive in Scotland for a while now, but we’re confident our deep fried chocolate haggis will win over even the most discerning of foodie. We’re excited to be working with Bertie’s to put a delicious Burns Night twist on the Scottish delicacy and look forward to hearing what people think.”
Alberto Crolla, Owner at Bertie’s Proper Fish & Chips said “We’re used to serving the people of Edinburgh and beyond our signature fish and chips, but when Simon Howie approached us to make the world’s first ever deep fried chocolate haggis, we jumped at the challenge! Haggis suppers are a firm favourite in the run up to Burns Night and we’re excited to be putting a sweet spin on it for the occasion. We’d encourage chocolate lovers to act fast as once these 100 suppers are gone, they’re gone!”
Made with a blend of dark chocolate and white choc chips, Simon Howie’s chocolate haggis is a chocolate brownie pudding, suitable for vegetarians and is made to be served as a hot dessert, with ice cream or cream. To celebrate the launch, Simon Howie brought the chocolate haggis to life in a remake of Cadbury’s famous ‘Gorilla’ advert from 2007, which you can view here.
Simon Howie’s chocolate haggis is available from Scottish Asda, Morrisons, Tesco and Sainsbury’s stores until 25th January 2024. RRP £5 (feeds 4 – 5).
For more information on Simon Howie’s range of products for Burns Night, visit thescottishbutcher.com.
View the original Cadbury Gorilla advert: https://youtu.be/NHtEyDrD4oA?si=v7M9YssaqOwQcxlf
About Simon Howie
• Simon Howie haggis is the UK’s best-selling haggis brand. Simon Howie Original 454g haggis is the UK’s best-selling haggis, while they also boast the UK’s number one selling gluten free haggis, vegetarian haggis and family-sized haggis. Source: IRI, GB Total Coverage – 52 Weeks – WE 20th Feb 2023
• From award-winning bacon to Scotland’s best-selling black pudding and the UK’s best-selling haggis Simon Howie’s quality ingredients are trusted and relied upon by their ever-growing customer base to create mouth-watering everyday meals.
• A family business, Simon Howie was born and bred in Dunning, where the factory is based and where he still lives today. From a local butcher in the village aged just 19, the business has grown from strength to strength and was recently voted Scotland’s favourite butcher.
• Simon Howie retail lines are stocked in all the major supermarkets across Scotland and nationwide, and Simon Howie also run two award winning butcher shops in Auchterarder and Perth.
• Simon Howie previously sent a haggis to space. More information can be viewed here: https://thescottishbutcher.com/worlds-first-ever-haggis-in-space/
• Further information can be found at www.thescottishbutcher.com
Issued on behalf of Simon Howie by Frame. For more information, please get in touch: