Steve’s Black Pudding Breakfast Bake
In need of some breakfast #foodspiration?
This Black Pudding Breakfast Bake sent in to us from creative customer @steveosmotherly will certainly kick-start your day!
Crusty pieces of thick, white loaf topped with steak, black pudding and chorizo make for a flavoursome bake, and something a little different for your morning meal!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
1 Simon Howie Wee Black Pudding, cut into 1cm ‘rings’ and then cut into quarters
200g Sirloin steak
75g Spanish chorizo, cut into 1cm ‘rings’ and roughly chopped
3 large Oyster Mushrooms (approx. 100g), roughly chopped
2 large Chestnut Mushrooms (approx. 100g), sliced and roughly chopped
3 thick slices of stone-baked white boule bread (or similar, such as sourdough bread), lightly toasted and then cut into 1cm cubes
6 Italian sun dried tomatoes (approx. 50g), roughly chopped
200g mature cheddar cheese, grated
1tsp caraway seeds
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 200° or 180° fan-assisted.
2. Pan fry the steak to your liking and season well. Remove from heat and allow to rest, then cut into 1cm cubes.
3. Pan fry the black pudding cubes in a splash of olive oil for 3-4 minutes. Once cooked, remove from the heat, transfer to a large mixing bowl and set aside until later.
4. Pan fry the chorizo cubes on a high heat for 2-3mins until they start to release their oils. Reduce the heat and add the chopped Oyster and Chestnut Mushrooms. Cook for 2-3mins until the mushrooms start to soften.
5. Add toasted bread cubes and caraway seeds to the pan and stir well so that the toasted bread cubes take on the chorizo oil and mushroom juices. Remove from the heat, add the mixture to the black pudding cubes and stir well.
6. Add the rested steak cubes, chopped sundried tomatoes and half the grated cheddar cheese to the mixing bowl and stir well. Tip: Just use your hands – it’s much easier!
7. Transfer the meat, bread and cheese mixture to a baking dish, then cover with the remaining grated cheese.
8. Put the baking dish in the middle shelf of the oven and cook for 10-15mins, or until the cheese has melted. You can always put the dish under the grill for about a minute if you like a crispier topping!
9. Remove from the oven, serve, eat and enjoy!