Dunning, nr Perth
Reporting to the Technical Manager, we are looking for an experienced Technical Assistant who will support the Technical team to ensure our food safety and quality management systems are maintained in our dynamic and continually expanding premium chilled food manufacturing site.
• Working hours of 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
• Offering a competitive salary.
• Provide Technical support before, during and after all external audits.
• Carry out investigations on all complaints received and ensure they are closed out
in a timely manner as well as all trending.
• To be fully conversant with all traceability systems and requirements.
• Ensure all internal audits are scheduled and carried out on time and schedule audits to trained auditors.
• Manage communications from retailers including scorecards, attending sampling / benchmarking panels and conferences.
• Review and continually approve systems and any Technical aspects.
• Provide support to ensure BRC compliance and any customer’s standards.
• Manage supplier’s accreditation.
• Manage Quality management system so that all procedures are written, issued, reviewed and disposed of correctly.
• Manage HACCP system ensuring CCP checks are done correctly.
• Degree in Food Science / Manufacturing or equivalent
• Experience working in a Technical role.
• Level 3 HACCP, Level 1 /2 Food Hygiene.
• Good working knowledge of BRC and food safety.
• Computer literate in Word, EXCEL, Powerpoint, Internet and Email.
• Experience in dealing with customers including retailers within a Technical role.
• Attention to detail is essential.
• Must be organised and able to take a hands-on approach in a busy factory.
• Able to be enthusiastic and positive at all times.
• Able to remain calm under pressure, multi-task, appreciate priorities and meet deadlines.
• Experience in Quality systems and auditing.
• Good working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices.
Who we are:
Simon Howie Foods is a multi-award-winning food business best known for our premium dry cure bacon, black pudding and haggis. A family business, Simon Howie, who started as a local butcher, continues to use his inspiring entrepreneurial leadership to guide the business as it continues to invest and adapt to the ever-changing commercial landscape.
We welcome talent at all levels to join our team as we work together towards continued growth and success.
To apply for this post, click on the apply button and/or follow the instructions.
CV’s should be supported by a covering email or letter which outlines why you think you are a good fit for the role and your current salary level. Applications without a covering letter / email will not be progressed.
We are only able to respond to successful applicants. We will do this not later than 7 days after the closing date but we will be reviewing applications as we receive them. Closing date is 5th Feb 2023
Strictly no agencies, canvassing or cold calling
Please apply through the website or send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Return to all jobs