£40k – 50k + Bonus (DoE)
Simon Howie Foods is a multi-award-winning food business, with a reputation for quality and reliability. A family business, Simon Howie, who started as a local butcher, continues to use his inspiring entrepreneurial leadership to guide the business as it continues to invest and adapt to the ever-changing commercial landscape.
We will produce in the region of 2.5 million cases of product this year at our factory in Dunning and we are proud to now be the 3rd biggest food and drink brand in Scotland.
About the job:
We are looking for a Maintenance Engineer who will report to our Technical Manager. Preferably, with an electrical background, you will tackle all aspects of light mechanical engineering and more detailed electrical applications, from minor repairs through to three-phase installations.
Our factory has a range of modern PLC and computer-controlled equipment, along with manually operated equipment. The main function of the job is to keep the factory running smoothly and to support the production operation. There’s a good variety of activities to get involved in and you’ll be part of a great team.
• providing both reactive & planned maintenance and ensure engineering information is up-to-date and accurate
• wide range of electrical engineering works
• some light mechanical engineering works
• scheduling and ordering spare parts
• maintaining good relationships with suppliers, external engineers and colleagues
• ensure all relevant documentation is completed and accurately
• support operational change and process improvements
• ensure all work is carried out according to relevant standards and regulations
• ensure compliance with relevant HSE regulations
You will be a qualified Electrical Engineer, Technician or time-served Electrician with relevant practical experience.
To apply for this post, click on the apply button and/or follow the instructions below.
Applications should include a CV and outline why you think you are a good fit for the role.
We are only able to respond to successful applicants. We will do this not later than 7 days after the closing date but we will be reviewing applications as we receive them. Closing date is Friday 16 February 2024.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK.
Strictly no agencies, canvassing or cold callingReturn to all jobs